24 Positive Steps for Good Mental Health for Children
17th October 2023
1. Balanced attention to diet and nutrition: low sugar, low carbohydrate, no soda, within reason. Light on the fruit juice. No sugared fruit juices. Junk food snacking only on special occasions.
3. Take video games and television out of the bedrooms.
4. Keep the computer in a public place in the house. and keep an eye on how much computer time is being spent and what sites. Talk to your children about it. It is not always necessary to have the Internet in the home.
Professional help and education:
6. Pursue any other one on one programs in the public schools or public library such as reading tutoring that are available.
7. Communicate with your children’s teachers regularly-visit often and attend meetings.
Wholesome Recreation, Music and Art:
9. Consider enrolling your child in art lessons.
10. Buy how to books and supplies for your children on art and decorate your home likewise.
11. Try to weed out any comic books or games that have occult or spiritistic overtones, or that are violent. This is true also of music. Encourage lighter, mellower, music rather than heavy alternative music, gothic, heavy metal, grunge, hard core, or hard rock with spiritistic influences. Keep tabs on how much time is spent.
12. Get a pet or fishtank. (It teaches responsibility and giving, it’s a nice hobby with nice lessons to be learned.)
13. Enroll your child in piano or violin lessons.
Discipline and Support:
15. Make sure your children have good companionship with suitable friends.
16. Keep up on your child’s activities when they visit other children. Communicate with their friend’s parents about your child’s special needs.
17. Plan day trips to art museums, aquariums, zoos or places of historical interest.
Sleep and Precautions:
Time and Love:
21. Take personal responsibility for your decisions and actions.
22. Keep well-informed and well read on everything involved with your child’s situation. Parents magazine often has good articles, as does Awake magazine, in addition to many books that have been written. Be selective in which books you read on this subject.
23. Care for your family’s spiritual needs. Read the Bible, Bible stories and pray with your child. Teach him to pray. Pray for your child. Build a value system in your child. Don’t let TV teach life’s lessons to your child.
24. Keep hope alive and don’t give up. Your positive attitude will reflect in your decisions and your dealings with your child.